QSI Software Release 6.0 - README
Note that if you have installed many prior QSI software releases, there could be long pauses during the installation of Release 6.0. Do not interrupt the installation process. The installer is cleaning up all prior releases. If you have installed only a few QSI software releases, you likely won't notice the delays at all.
Load the "QSI USB Drivers and Software" first before loading any required application plug-ins.
New Features is QSI Software Release 6.0:
- Adds support for QSI 600 Series cameras and all new functionality in those models
See included QSI 500/600 Series User Guide v2.0 for details
- Updates low level USB driver to 2.8.14
- Adds new plug-in for TheSkyX on Windows
- Fix ASCOM device registration for ASCOM 5.5 platform
- New QSI 500/600 Series User Guide v2.0
- Updates Linux API to use FTDI driver library or open source libftdi drivers
QSI Linux API Reference v6.0 for details)
New Features is QSI Software Release 5.5:
- Adds gain selection to MaxIm DL Pro v5 Autosave sequences
- Adds "Mask Pixels" function to driver and all supported application plug-ins
See included QSI 500 Series User Guide v1.9 for details
- New QSI 500 Series User Guide v1.9
- Maxim plug-in installer now automatically updates all MaxIm installations in a single step.
- Release disk includes QSI API for Linux, release 5.4
The camera control dialogs were also reorganized a bit in version 5.5 to make them consistent across all applications. Functions that are not supported by a given camera model or application are grayed out.
Note: Windows 2000 is no longer supported
New Features is QSI Software Release 5.2:
- Fully supports Windows Vista and Windows 7 on both 32 bit and 64 bit platforms.
Note: All QSI supplied plug-ins remain 32 bit executables, as required by their
respective host applications (but will run on 64 bit machines).
- Installs latest low-level USB drivers.
- Adds full support for QSI 583 cameras.
- Resolves possible conflicts with some other USB devices.
- Bug fixes for retaining filter offsets in the API and for USB ftdi bus enumeration and device conflict detection.
- Adds overscan control to the QSI camera Updater.
- QSI API DLL implemented in both 32 bit and 64 bit versions.
- Release disc includes QSI API for Linux, release 5.2.1
Software Installation steps:
Note: After installing the new drivers, be sure to update the plug-ins for your camera control applications.
- Download ISO CD image or the QSI USB Drivers and Software Installer
- If you wish to install from a physical CD, burn the ISO image to a CD.
Insert the CD to autorun the setup menu, or run “menu.exe”
in the root directory of the release files.
- Install QSI Camera Software. No need to uninstall old version first.
- Install QSI MaxIm plug-in (if running MaxIm )
No need to re-install MaxIm LE…you just need to install the new plug-in.
If you are running MaxIm V5, you will need to navigate to the correct MaxIm directory.
- Install other software plug-ins as desired. Download installers if not running from CD.
Firmware Installation Steps:
- Download the firmware file and unzip it to a directory on your hard drive.
- Plug in camera. Connect USB cable.
- Launch the firmware Updater ("Programs > QSI > Updater). Refer to the QSI 500 Series User Guide for complete details on using the firmware Updater application.
- Browse to firmware file downloaded above,
This is a universal firmware file with the latest firmware for all models.
- Update the camera firmware.
- When the update completes, power cycle the camera. You should now be running the latest firmware.
- Release disk also contains an update of the Linux API in \Linux\qsiapi-5.4.0.tar.gz
- Transfer file to a Linux machine, unzip and follow instructions to install the Linux API.
View the README file for the prior software release version 4.5>>